Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
W. G. (Bill) Hefner VA Medical Center - Salisbury, NC
- Salisbury to offer couple's retreat for Veterans
- Most Veterans would agree that good communication is key to completing any mission successfully. What they may not realize is that this concept is also essential to having a healthy, successful relationship.
- Salisbury provides services for homeless Veterans
- Last year, the Healthcare for Homeless Veterans program at the Salisbury VAMC served more than 4,200 Veterans and their family members with issues of homelessness or preventing them from becoming homeless.
- Salisbury VAMC Hep C cure rates among best in VA
- There have been many advances in the treatment of hepatitis C over the last decade, and the Salisbury VAMC has been a leader in treating and curing the disease, by staying on the cutting edge of treatment.
- Veterans Assistance Clinic and Town Hall March 5
- The Salisbury VA Medical Center will host a Veterans assistance clinic, providing a range of services, and a town hall meeting Thursday, March 5 from 3:30 p.m. until 6:30 p.m.
- First total joint replacement surgery completed
- Elliot Crawford was the recipient of the first total knee joint replacement at Salisbury VA Medical Center on Jan. 5. This marked the beginning of the VAMC offering total joint replacements for knees and hips.
- Salisbury taking entries for art competition
- The Salisbury VAMC is taking submissions for the local level of competition of the National Veterans Creative Arts Festival. Winners will be announced Feb. 21 during a showing in the Building 6 Social Room at 2 p.m.
- Veteran and Family Advisory Council launched
- Any successful organization knows to be fruitful, you need to pay attention to your customers and get their feedback. The Salisbury VAMC is doing just that through the recently formed Veteran and Family Advisory Council.
- Phone system to be down during system replacement
- We will be switching over to a new Telephone System at the Salisbury VA Medical Center (Salisbury site only) on Friday, December 12, beginning at 6:00 p.m. Telephone downtime MAY run from 6 p.m. to approximately 10 p.m.
- Nurse goes the extra mile in Veteran care
- In early November, a Veteran came into the Salisbury VAMC’s Emergency Department seeking treatment for blisters on his feet. Little did he know that before he left the ED he would be meeting someone like Chuck Maulden.
- Topping Out held for Charlotte Health Care Center
- The sky was grey but spirits were bright as onlookers watched the last steel beam of the Charlotte Health Care Center (HCC) be put into place during a Topping Out ceremony Nov. 13 at the facility’s future location.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Roots of VA Health Care Started 150 Years Ago
- On March 3, 1865, President Abraham Lincoln signed a law establishing a national soldiers and sailors asylum. Today's VA evolved from that facility established for Civil War Veterans of the Union Army.
- 81-Year-Old Veteran Chooses Rehab Over Surgery
- Korean War Veteran Victor Ferentino, 81, was a runner for 60 years. After a spill in Manhattan he did his research and chose rehab at his VA Physical Therapy clinic over surgery.
- A Veteran Who Was on Iwo Jima 70 Years Ago Today
- This week is the 70th anniversary of the raising of the flag on Iwo Jima. "Woody" Williams, 91, was there and received the Medal of Honor for his courageous action on that memorable day.
- VA's Veterans Crisis Line Saves Lives Every Day
- We've answered more than a million-and-a-half calls from Veterans in crisis. And helped with 45,000 rescues. The Veterans Crisis Line helps prevent suicides by providing immediate crisis intervention.
- List of Presidents who were Veterans
- Do you know how many of our Presidents served in the military? As we celebrate President's Day, here is a list of Presidents who are Veterans. From George Washington to George Bush.
- American Sniper Highlights Veterans' Readjustments
- The recent box-office hit American Sniper sheds light on how difficult the transition to civilian life can be. VA has in-person, online and telephone-based services that can help.
- A Day of Caring and Sharing with America's Veteran
- At VA medical centers across the country, thousands of Americans will express their Valentine's wishes of love and gratitude to Veteran patients during VA's annual National Salute to Veteran Patients.
- She Knew Something was Wrong with Her Heart
- VA is joining the American Heart Association to fight heart disease in women Veterans. Here's the story of one woman Veteran who received life-saving treatment at a VA Medical Center.
- Veterans: Are You at Risk for Heart Disease?
- Did they pick February to be Heart Month because of Valentine's Day and all those heart shapes? Whatever. It's a great time to remind Veterans of the everyday things you can do to stay heart healthy.
- West Va. Woman Finds Joy Volunteering at VA
- Over the last nine years Joan Chambers, 67, has racked up over 6,000 hours of volunteer work at Huntington VA Medical Center in West Virginia. 'I like keeping busy,' she explained.