Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
W. G. (Bill) Hefner VA Medical Center - Salisbury, NC
- Local Veterans place in national arts competition
- Winners for the National Veterans Creative Arts Festival (NVCAF) were recently announced and four local Veterans were among the winners. One of those winners was Daniel Huneycutt, a 89-year-old Navy Veteran.
- Grounds crew keeps Salisbury campus beautiful
- Everyone knows the Salisbury VAMC is full of specialists who provide care to patients on a daily basis, but there’s one team that also provides care across the campus that may go overlooked at times – the Grounds Crew.
- Small clinic staff provides large clinic service
- Battling a serious illness like cancer could seem overwhelming, but the Oncology staff at the Salisbury VA Medical Center is doing everything possible to be a partner to Veterans during treatment.
- Salisbury celebrates mental health ribbon cutting
- Department of Veterans Affairs, federal and local government officials ceremoniously opened the new Mental Health Center for Excellence on the Salisbury VA Medical Center campus during a ribbon cutting ceremony June 11.
- Salisbury VAMC now providing vascular surgery
- In an effort to expand available services, the Salisbury VAMC has recently begun offering vascular services at the facility. Inpatient and outpatient consultations began recently and the first surgeries began in January.
- VA employee honored at Goodwill event
- A peer support specialist the Salisbury VA Medical Center was recently presented with the 2014 Goodwill Industries of the Southern Piedmont GoodWork! Award for his work with Goodwill Industries.
- Salisbury VA to hold homeless Veteran Stand Down
- The Salisbury VAMC is presenting its first Homeless Veteran Stand Down May 21. Registration for Veterans will take place in the Building 6 Gymnasium and services will be provided in several locations on campus.
- Help available for Military Sexual Trauma victims
- It’s important that Veterans don’t let misconceptions keep them from getting help for MST. Staff at the Salisbury VAMC are recognizing this through a Clothesline Project display.
- Groundbreaking complete for Charlotte HCC
- Department of Veterans Affairs, federal and local government, and contracting officials ceremoniously kicked off the construction of the Charlotte Health Care Center (HCC) during a groundbreaking ceremony March 28.
- Veterans donate special gift to service animal
- To commemorate their graduation, and the work Kimberly does, SIPI Group 135 donated a special gift to the hospital and Kimberly the service dog – a dog house decorated with a military theme.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Stand Downs - Putting Lives Back Together
- Stand Downs — Providing services to homeless Veterans, including health screenings, benefits counseling and other referrals. A collaborative effort by VA and other government and community agencies.
- Veterans: Have a health question? Search here!
- We’ve put the contacts for almost all your health questions in one convenient health index. Add this site to your FAVORITES for a link to take you to VA websites with valuable information.
- Helping Women Veterans Find the Help They Need
- VA’s Women Veterans Call Center has received over 11,000 incoming calls and made nearly 130,000 outbound calls, successfully reaching 76,000 women Veterans. The number is 1-855-VA-WOMEN.
- National Veterans Wheelchair Games Come to Philadelphia
- The National Veterans Wheelchair Games are designed to improve the quality of life for Veterans with disabilities and to foster better health through sports competition.
- The Purple Heart: One Veteran's Long Journey
- Thousands of American Veterans have received the Purple Heart. We mark the anniversary of the creation of the award by George Washington with the story of John Reist, wounded three times in Vietnam.
- Veterans: Keep Your Immunizations Up to Date
- Protect you and your family by keeping your vaccinations current. Here are some helpful links to websites on immunization information.
- Vanquishing PTSD at the Cellular Level
- VA researchers are exploring the possibility of using a steroid pill to take the trauma out of traumatic memories by quieting the intense and sometime debilitating emotions associated with those memories.
- The Other Side of VA Dentistry
- Dr. Dai Phan provides an accurate reproduction so that dental and nasal prostheses can be fabricated — a little known service provided to Veterans who have lost part of their oral cavity due to trauma or cancer.
- Once Homeless, Veteran Now Works for VA
- Formerly homeless Veteran James Mobley, 53, now works full-time as a social services aide at the same VA domiciliary in Dublin, Ga., where he spent nearly a year in recovery.
- Fighting is My Meditation
- After serving in the Army, mixed martial arts fighter Joe Duarte found his world spinning out of control. After VA PTSD therapy, he now finds peace at home and in the ring.