W. G. (Bill) Hefner VA Medical Center - Salisbury, NC
Request Your Medical Records
Our Release of Information staff will be happy to assist you with requests for your medical records. We also assist providers with completing forms for patients.
We can assist you with the following —
- access to your medical records
- obtaining copies of your medical records
- requests to amend your medical records
- completion of forms for benefits, insurance, and other reasons
The Release of Information Staff is expert in our patients' rights and their medical records.
The Release of Information Office is located in Building 3, First Floor, Health Administration Service Suite
Telephone Number: 704-638-9000 ext 2610 or 2601
FAX Number: 704-645-6279
How to Request Information
To request a medical record, please one of the forms listed in the column to the right, complete the requested information, sign the form, and mail it to the following address —
VA Medical Center
Attn: Release of Information HAS (136C)
1601 Brenner Avenue
Salisbury, NC 28144
Because forms must contain an original signature, e-mailed forms cannot be accepted.
Requests for records will take approximately 10-14 days to process.
There is no cost to send copies directly to another health care provider. If copies are for a patient's personal use, photocopying fees may be assessed.
If you have a privacy concern or complaint, please email the Privacy Office or call 704-638-9000 ext. 2585.
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Request
The Freedom of Information Act allows any person most persons to request information about organizations, businesses, investigations, historical events, incidents, groups, or deceased persons.
To submit a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request click the email link below:
• Provide your complete name and mailing address. Telephone, fax, and e-mail addresses are optional.
• Reasonably describe the records so that they may be located with a reasonable amount of effort.
• State your willingness to pay applicable fees or provide a justification to support a fee waiver.