W. G. (Bill) Hefner VA Medical Center - Salisbury, NC
Current Operating Status
As of Friday, October 12, 2018 12:29 PM EDT
- Sign up for automatic email updates by filling in your email address in "Emergency Email Updates" section located at top right corner of this page.
Prepare. Plan. Stay Informed. Visit www.ready.gov to learn about preparedness kits, family emergency plans, and more.
- Emergency: 911
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (Press 1)
- 24 Hour Nurse: 1-800-469-8262
- Change Your Appointment: 800-706-9126
- Media Inquiries: 704-638-3343
- National Veterans Helpline: 1-800-507-4571
- Patient Locator: 704-638-9000 or
- Pharmacy Refill: 1-877-354-5196
- Staff Locator: Not Available
- Telephone Care: 1-800-469-8262
Do you have a family disaster plan?
Now is the time to plan what you, your family, and your pets would do in the event of a hurricane.
Personal Preparedness Checklist (2 weeks supply)
Water - 18 1/2 gallons of water per person (1/2 gallon for drinking, 2 gallons for bathing)
Food - Ready to eat canned foods, shelf stable snacks, and beverages
Medicine - first aid kit that contains aspirin, non-aspirin pain reliever, antacid, antiseptic, scissors, insect repellent
Personal Hygiene/Care Items - toilet paper, towels, soap, shampoo, denture needs, eyeglasses, sun protection
Other supplies - battery operated radio, flashlight and batteries, non-electric can opener, portable cooler and ice, plastic trash bags, tarp or sheet plastic, duct tape, cleaning supplies such as bleach, paper napkins, plates and cups, pillows and blankets
Keep a list of all medications in your personal preparedness kit
Keep a 15 day supply of medication and supplies on hand - Do not allow your supply to go below 15 days
For medications that require refrigeration, make sure you have a small portable cooler or ice chest ready for easy transport if needed
If you must evacuate, bring prescription bottles, whether full or empty, of all medications that you are currently taking with you
Veterans are advised to follow evacuation orders given by local governments.