VA » Health Care » W. G. (Bill) Hefner VA Medical Center - Salisbury, NC » Features
W. G. (Bill) Hefner VA Medical Center - Salisbury, NC
- Employee Gives Only Coat to Veteran in Need
- When Shadarius Barksdale saw the homeless program didn't have a coat in a Veteran's size, he didn't think twice. "He was a bigger guy. I'm a big guy," Barksdale said. So he took his coat and handed it to the Veteran.
- Program provides Veterans comforts of home
- Like many Americans, as Veterans get older or have debilitating conditions, some move into assisted living facilities. However, there are also those who would prefer to live in an environment that’s more homelike.
- Silver Spoons provides Veterans a helping hand
- There’s nothing that can make the day brighter for someone who has been admitted to a hospital than visits from family or friends – not only for the company but to help the patient get little tasks accomplished.
- Veterans Assistance Clinic and Town Hall March 5
- The Salisbury VA Medical Center will host a Veterans assistance clinic, providing a range of services, and a town hall meeting Thursday, March 5 from 3:30 p.m. until 6:30 p.m.
- Salisbury to offer couple's retreat for Veterans
- Most Veterans would agree that good communication is key to completing any mission successfully. What they may not realize is that this concept is also essential to having a healthy, successful relationship.
- Salisbury provides services for homeless Veterans
- Last year, the Healthcare for Homeless Veterans program at the Salisbury VAMC served more than 4,200 Veterans and their family members with issues of homelessness or preventing them from becoming homeless.
- Salisbury VAMC Hep C cure rates among best in VA
- There have been many advances in the treatment of hepatitis C over the last decade, and the Salisbury VAMC has been a leader in treating and curing the disease, by staying on the cutting edge of treatment.
- First total joint replacement surgery completed
- Elliot Crawford was the recipient of the first total knee joint replacement at Salisbury VA Medical Center on Jan. 5. This marked the beginning of the VAMC offering total joint replacements for knees and hips.
- Salisbury taking entries for art competition
- The Salisbury VAMC is taking submissions for the local level of competition of the National Veterans Creative Arts Festival. Winners will be announced Feb. 21 during a showing in the Building 6 Social Room at 2 p.m.
- Veteran and Family Advisory Council launched
- Any successful organization knows to be fruitful, you need to pay attention to your customers and get their feedback. The Salisbury VAMC is doing just that through the recently formed Veteran and Family Advisory Council.