VA » Health Care » W. G. (Bill) Hefner VA Medical Center - Salisbury, NC » Features
W. G. (Bill) Hefner VA Medical Center - Salisbury, NC
- Salisbury VAMC restricts visitation to prevent flu
- SALISBURY, N.C. – Effective immediately, the Salisbury VA Medical Center is restricting visitation for children ages 12 and under due to a growing number of flu cases in the region...
- Wide Awake Hand Surgery Experience
- On November 23, 2016, Dr. Jeffrey A. Baker, a hand and upper extremity specialist, introduced a relatively new technique called Wide-Awake Hand Surgery to the Salisbury VA Medical Center. Baker used this technique...
- New Urgent Care Benefit - Starting June 6, 2019
- Starting June 6, 2019, the New VA MISSION Act offers Urgent Care benefit. Veterans must have been seen in the VA system or by a VA community Care provider within the last 24 months in order to use this benefit...
- Employee Gives Only Coat to Veteran in Need
- When Shadarius Barksdale saw the homeless program didn't have a coat in a Veteran's size, he didn't think twice. "He was a bigger guy. I'm a big guy," Barksdale said. So he took his coat and handed it to the Veteran.
- Program provides Veterans comforts of home
- Like many Americans, as Veterans get older or have debilitating conditions, some move into assisted living facilities. However, there are also those who would prefer to live in an environment that’s more homelike.
- Silver Spoons provides Veterans a helping hand
- There’s nothing that can make the day brighter for someone who has been admitted to a hospital than visits from family or friends – not only for the company but to help the patient get little tasks accomplished.
- Veterans Assistance Clinic and Town Hall March 5
- The Salisbury VA Medical Center will host a Veterans assistance clinic, providing a range of services, and a town hall meeting Thursday, March 5 from 3:30 p.m. until 6:30 p.m.
- Salisbury to offer couple's retreat for Veterans
- Most Veterans would agree that good communication is key to completing any mission successfully. What they may not realize is that this concept is also essential to having a healthy, successful relationship.
- Salisbury provides services for homeless Veterans
- Last year, the Healthcare for Homeless Veterans program at the Salisbury VAMC served more than 4,200 Veterans and their family members with issues of homelessness or preventing them from becoming homeless.
- Salisbury VAMC Hep C cure rates among best in VA
- There have been many advances in the treatment of hepatitis C over the last decade, and the Salisbury VAMC has been a leader in treating and curing the disease, by staying on the cutting edge of treatment.