W. G. (Bill) Hefner VA Medical Center - Salisbury, NC
Mental Health - Salisbury VAMC
If you qualify for VA health care, you can get high-quality mental health services as part of your benefits. You may also be able to get care for certain mental health problems even if you don't have VA health care.
About the Program
The Mental Health and Behavioral Sciences Service Line (MH&BS) at Hefner VAMC provides outpatient and inpatient evaluation and treatment for psychiatric illnesses and other adjustment challenges that affect daily living. In addition, the Hefner VAMC Mental Health Service Line participates in medical research studies and education of new health care providers.
Mental health services provided include assessment and treatments for —
- depression, sadness, grief
- anxiety, worry, nervousness
- substance abuse
- relationship problems
- combat stress, adjustment returning from war, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- emotional problems, such as managing anger
- vocational assistance for those with psychiatric illness
- troublesome thoughts or ideas
- confused thinking
- aggressive or self-harming behaviors
- memory problems and other thinking problems due to brain injury
We also provide outreach to homeless veterans.
Mental health services are confidential. We will not talk to anyone about information you share unless you give written consent. Under federal law, a few exceptions to this rule exist. If you have questions, please ask your mental health provider.
- Building 4, 2nd Floor
- 704-638-9000 Ext. 13315
Hours of Operation
M-F 8a.m. - 4:30p.m.